Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas Wishes

I wish for climate change
a way to turn back the clock
no more arguments
a planet that will support life
I wish children could be seen
as something besides targets
and not heard
screaming down hallways
I wish there was an app
that would remind people
to put down their phones
and talk to the people
in the room
I wish for a reboot
not of a movie or TV show
but our moral compass
up, down, right, wrong
I wish for a family
not torn apart
gathering together
without walls
I wish for peace and quiet
because currently
the peace we have
is far too loud
I wish for a friend
someone to talk to
who agrees with me
but not all the time
I wish for a thousand points of light
not in the sky
but here on the ground
to light the way
I wish for more happiness
because there is not enough
there never has been
but it's something I can wish for

No comments: