Thursday, January 31, 2019

With Friends Like These

Over the weekend, some things began to change. “I was one of the people that was saying that Nancy Pelosi was not the right speaker going forward, that they needed leadership change. I’m here saying I was wrong, I completely underestimated how powerful and how strong she is.” These were the words of Meghan McCain, ABC News contributor and daughter of Republican stalwart Senator John McCain. 
Ann Coulter, of Fox News and author of a book entitled In Trump We Trust: E Pluribus Awesome!, went on HBO Friday evening to tell the world, "You want to get Trump? I'm telling you how to get Trump," she said told her frenemy Bill Maher. "He promised something for eighteen months and he lied. It's not this Russia nonsense. You are so wasting time!"
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war. Or the foxes of media, anyway. 
This crack in allegiance did not go unnoticed by our "President." Before he went to bed on Sunday night, he tweeted this: “Never thought I’d say this but I think @johnrobertsFox and @GillianHTurner @FoxNews have even less understanding of the Wall negotiations than the folks at FAKE NEWS CNN & NBC!”  Loading up another one hundred forty characters, he returned with, “After all that I have done for the Military, our great Veterans, Judges (99), Justices (2), Tax & Regulation Cuts, the Economy, Energy, Trade & MUCH MORE, does anybody really think I won’t build the WALL? Done more in first two years than any President! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”
Apologies for the abundance of capital letters. I just wanted you to get the full flavor. A more lower case version of his sentiments appeared in a Wall Street Journal interview“I hear she’s become very hostile,” Trump said. “Maybe I didn’t return her phone call or something.” 
My guess is that a lot of phone calls will go unanswered and it may become necessary to change the name of Fox & Friends. Or maybe just a set of quotation marks: Fox & "Friends." 

No comments: