Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ten Points For Execution

It's times like these that I wish that I had carpet in my office. Times like these when I fall off my chair laughing at a headline. Please, if you are sitting or standing somewhere that might cause undue harm if you were to fall down in hysterics, please take proper precautions. Ready? You have been warned: "Bush chides Iraq over recent executions."
Yes, you read that right. I'll give you a moment to collect yourself before we continue.
President Pinhead, who presided over one hundred and fifty-two executions when he was Governor Pinhead, is chiding (not cajoling) Iraq about the government sanctioned hanging of Saddam Hussein, saying that it "looked like it was kind of a revenge killing." Really? That was the farthest thing from my mind. I assure you. It looked a lot like a botched revenge killing to me.
Sadly, Pinhead opines (the obvious next step after chiding), "It makes it harder for me to make the case to the American people that this is a government that does want to unify the country and move forward, and it just goes to show that this is a government that has still got some maturation to do." And since I'm not completely clear here - to which government was he referring? Perhaps it has become somewhat incidental, but I believe he was referring to "them", not "us". Still, it's hard to argue with his assessment: "No question, 2006 was a lousy year for Iraq."
Now, feel free to get up off the floor and go about your business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just laughed so hard that I cried.

-CB