Thursday, November 28, 2019

Obsequiousness

I want to thank you all for coming here today.
I am expressly grateful for your attention and I want to explain why.
It's because I have this need to share these thoughts.
The ones that wake me up in the morning.
The ones that come to me during the day.
The ones that I cannot shake.
Questions that need answers.
Answers to those pressing concerns.
You didn't know they were pressing.
Did you?
I want to thank you for keeping this forum alive.
I am more than happy to share.
I have words to spare, or so it seems.
We don't always agree.
Which is what makes things so lively.
I understand that sometimes this all feels so one way.
My way is not the highway.
I am thankful for the time to consider options.
There are a lot of different places to go for random thoughts.
I am please and happy that you landed here.
I would like to make you all a pie.
Everyone gets a piece.
It does not have to be a feast.
Just a little sweetness to share.
This is a long strange trip we're on.
I don't want you to get lost.
The metaphorical door is always open.
Come on in and put your feet up.
Thank you for not smoking.

1 comment:

Kristen Caven said...

Thanks, Dave!