Monday, February 22, 2016

Yeah, I Guess So

Try to imagine tracking a single water molecule in the trickle of water that flows down the gutter in front of your house after you have been washing your car. Now expand that imagining to that same water molecule in the creek down the street. And now that same tiny molecule in the roaring, tumbling Colorado River. Into the Gulf of California. Then into the Pacific Ocean. This blog won't be about conserving water. Not because it isn't a good idea. I'm all for it. Go check that dripping faucet in the bathroom, will you? I'll wait.
Okay.
Now back to the metaphor: Instead of talking about water, let's talk about the garbage that spews forth on a daily basis from the mouth of Donald Jay McTrumpington. The Republican presidential hopeful has made his opposition to the invasion of Iraq a major talking point of his campaign for the White House in recent days. When he was asked in a September 2002 interview with Howard Stern if he supported going to war in Iraq, Trumpenstein replied, “Yeah, I guess so.” Did you suggest that Hillary Clinton gong to the bathroom was "disgusting?" 
"Yeah, I guess so."
Mister Trumpoli, I'm going to write that on my board for all my classes to see: "Yeah, I guess so." One of those tiny molecules of barely informed, opinionated verbiage that came tumbling out of that gaping maw was tracked down by alert media types who now have a special mission: tracking those molecules of invective and inconsistency to their source. Did you really say that?
"Yeah, I guess so."
The Pope, a guy who we generally trust to make distinctions on such matters, said about the Trump Tank plan to build a wall on the U.S./Mexico border, “A person who only thinks about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian.” At which point the Trumplemeister picked a fight with his holiness. “No leader, especially a religious leader, should have the right to question another man’s religion or faith.”
Um, Donald? I think that may be the one thing that religious leaders do, being religious leaders and all. Of course, that wasn't enough words for His Trumpishness to insult the Vicar of Christ, so he issued a press release to make sure he didn't miss anything. In case you're too busy worrying about that plumbing issue we mentioned earlier, I can save you the click by telling you that it starts with the phrase, "If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS..."
Donald McTrumpin, did you really just go there?
"Yeah, I guess so."
And the river rolls on. 

No comments: