Monday, February 08, 2016

Limited Time Offer

Just in case you thought I wasn't paying attention to the other side of the fence:
ANDERSON COOPER: One of the things that Sen. [Bernie] Sanders points to and a lot of your critics point to is you made three speeches for Goldman Sachs. You were paid $675,000 for three speeches. Was that a mistake? I mean was that a bad error in judgment?
CLINTON: Look. I made speeches to lots of groups. I told them what I thought. I answered questions.
COOPER: But did you have to be paid $675,000?
CLINTON: Well, I don’t know. That’s what they offered.
CLINTON : You know every secretary of State that I know has done [paid speeches].
COOPER: But (inaudible) for office they’re not running for an office…
CLINTON: Well, I didn’t know…
COOPER: … have known.
CLINTON: To be honest I wasn’t — I wasn’t committed to running. I didn’t know whether I would or not.
COOPER: You didn’t think you were going to run for president again?

CLINTON: I didn’t. You know when I was secretary of State several times I said you know I think I’m done. And you know, so many people came to me, started talking to me.
They came to her and started talking to her about coming to speak at their luncheon or graduation or Wal-Mart closing ceremonies because she was getting ready to run for president. Again. Six hundred seventy-five thousand dollars for three speeches works out to two hundred twenty-five dollars a speech. I dd the math. They must have been awesome speeches. I can only assume they were giving away puppies. The line that burns me, and seems to bother ninety-nine percent of us, is the "that's what they offered" line. Arms for hostages? That's what they offered. Three hundred dollars a month for satellite TV? That's what they offered. Sub-prime mortgage? That's what they offered. It's enough to make me want to check out John McAfee's campaign. If I'm going to vote for a crazy millionaire for president, at least I know what I'm buying

No comments: