Saturday, August 25, 2012

Don't Mess With Texas

I have a cousin who married a guy from Lubbock, Texas. It's also the birthplace of Buddy Holly. It's also where you'll find Judge Tom Head, who is currently bucking the Republican trend of no new taxes because he believes that if Barack Obama is re-elected in November that he will need more deputies to deal with the incipient Civil War. 
"He's going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the U.N., and what is going to happen when that happens?," Head asked."I'm thinking the worst. Civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe. And we're not just talking a few riots here and demonstrations, we're talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms and get rid of the guy. Now what's going to happen if we do that, if the public decides to do that? He's going to send in U.N. troops. I don't want 'em in Lubbock County. OK. So I'm going to stand in front of their armored personnel carrier and say 'you're not coming in here.' And the sheriff, I've already asked him, I said 'you gonna back me' he said, 'yeah, I'll back you'. Well, I don't want a bunch of rookies back there. I want trained, equipped, seasoned veteran officers to back me."
While Lubbock's Sheriff, Kelly Rowe, recently asked commissioners for more personnel, he also told local newspapers that he had never discussed these "worst-case scenarios" with Judge Head. This had the somewhat immediate effect of causing the judge to explain that his original comments about Obama in the White House and Democrats controlling the Senate were taken out of context. However: "I have some opinions what they're doing and what they're trying to do if they stay in power," he said. "And I have to prepare for that." The good news for Judge Head? If Democrats do gain some power, they might just fully fund that mental health program that seems to have gone to seed.

No comments: