Thursday, December 18, 2008

Shoe Fly

It's not like I missed it. It was even on YouTube. Still-President Pinhead almost got pegged in his tiny noggin by a pair of shoes hurled at him by an irate Iranian reporter. Showing those cat-like reflexes that he has become famous for, the pointy-headed one dodged one of the most profound insults in the Arab world. Shoes are considered ritually unclean by the Muslim faith. Remember all those angry Iranians slapping statues and portraits of Saddam Hussein with their shoes? That was after thirty years of violence and oppression. It only took Pinhead five. He's always been exceptional.
And so, as we continue the onerous countdown to the official start of the Once and Future President Obama in the same way that my son counts down the hours until Christmas, Pinhead continues to take his victory lap. In an interview with the soon to be marginalized Fox News, here's what the tiny-brained leader of the Free World had to say: "What do you expect? We've got a major economic problem and I'm the president during the major economic problem. I mean, do people approve of the economy? No. I don't approve of the economy. ... I've been a wartime president. I've dealt with two economic recessions now. I've had, hell, a lot of serious challenges. What matters to me is I didn't compromise my soul to be a popular guy."
As his job approval rating continues to hang just below thirty percent, he remained oblivious to his rather personal an active role in history. He continues to look tired and bewildered as he meanders from one last photo-op to another. This all happened on your watch, big fella, and lobbing a shoe at you seems like one of the more polite ways I can imagine to show our displeasure.

No comments: