Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Just Like That, The World Changed

Oh come on - you knew it was coming. It's been in the wind for weeks, if not months after all. Who was surprised by Britney and Kevin heading for splitsville? I wish I could say that I was saddened by the news, but I feel that life for all concerned, especially the young ones, will be better once this difficult period is past.
This is exactly how I feel about the resignation of Donald "We Will Be Greeted As Liberators" Rumsfeld. I wish I could say that I was saddened by the news, but I feel that life for all concerned, especially the young ones, will be better once this difficult period is past. As for this being in the wind, that putrid smell that has been hanging around the gates of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is the stench of love gone bad. Wasn't is just a week or so ago that Rummy got the "dreaded vote of confidence" from the Pinhead in charge? I believe he said "if every time two or three people disagreed we changed the secretary of defense of the United States, it would be like a merry-go-round."
Maybe it's more like a circus, and Pinhead has just now discovered that he is no longer the Ringmaster. Nancy Pelosi is now cracking the whip, and it's almost a sure bet that we haven't seen the last shift in what has been a hard line on Iraq, and any number of social and economic issues. I confess that I find it hard not to be just a little smug, as the past twelve years begin to trail off into history. This doesn't mean I'm going to forget about what brought us here. A lack of vision on the Democratic side created the vacuum that was filled by these greedheads. Now it's time to put up, or shut up. It's like the other team decided to let us play with an extra player or two. We've got to do something now.
Meanwhile, out in the West Coast Capitol, "Kevin is prepared to go the distance in order to do what he feels is necessary to protect and safeguard the children and will not be intimidated or dissuaded from pursuit of those goals," said Michael Sands, spokesman for Federline's attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan. I just hope that our new national referendum can keep K-Fed in funky hats and gold chains, because it's the right thing to do.

No comments: