Friday, January 16, 2009

Look Out, Here Comes Tomorrow

So much about what is wrong with this planet that still be wrong on January 21st, it's hard to get completely wound up about the beginning of the Obama administration. Or at least that's the old cynical me, the me that didn't know about change.gov. Now I am gassed, stoked, and ready to go.
To give you just a little background, there was a time when I made a pledge that I would only go to movies that advertised with a web site. This was a promise that was initially easy to keep. I felt reckless, and expanded my vow to include snack food. Times change, and as many of you know, the "dot.com" revolution made it impossible or me to choose. Thanks to Al Gore, everything had its own web presence. Every movie, even the really bad ones, had their own web sites. All had become web. I went back to watching TV.
But now we have a new President, one who is actively seeking good ideas. Okay, so he's actively seeking ideas, with the hopes of finding a few good ones. That's what this change.gov is all about. President Obama wants to know what you and I think will change the country, if not the world. The economy, health care, foreign policy: you name it, he'll fix it.
That's why, when my wife showed me the post about flying cars, I felt renewed. Sure, it's not a personal jet pack, but what says "future" more than a flying car? If you answered more mini-skirts or Soylent Green, my suggestion is to seek professional help, or go ahead and drop the new boss a line.

No comments: