Friday, June 01, 2007

Nourishing Mother

I graduated from Boulder High School. My wife graduated from Boulder High School. Both of my brothers graduated from Boulder High School. Both of my parents graduated from Boulder High School. Tomorrow my niece will become the third generation to graduate from those hallowed halls. I thought that I was proud, but when I realized that our favorite pundit (from the Latin "idjit") Bill O'Reilly was sticking his big nose into things at the old alma mater.
Here is how Bill's tiny brain (you know what they say, "Big nose, tiny brain") chose to depict my home town high school after officials decided to re-evaluate their policies for allowing panels from the University of Colorado's Conference on World Affairs to be held at Boulder High School: "It is hard to believe that in America today you can have a town as out-of-control as Boulder. It doesn't seem that the residents care if the high school tells their kids to go out and have sex and use narcotics." Bill's comments were directed at the statements of panelist Joel Becker, a Los Angeles clinical psychologist, who told the students"I'm going to encourage you to have sex, and I'm going to encourage you to use drugs appropriately,and why I am going to take that position is because you're going to do it anyway."
This is the kind of liberal brainwashing that the children of Boulder High School have been experiencing for decades now, at least in Bill's world. In Bill's world, this was a "mandatory assembly" and school officials not only stood by and let it happen, but openly encouraged this kind of left-wing rhetoric. Out here on planet Earth, Boulder Valley School District Superintendent George Garcia investigated the complaint made by a student and her mother and concluded that the presentation overall was appropriate, though teachers who required attendance violated district policy. In the future, students will be given the option not to attend CWA talks hosted at the high school, and more balanced opinions will be sought. Not good enough for Bill. He called the Superintendent, the School Board President and the Principal "villains" and "cowards." You've got to check out his map of the creeping evil of Secular Progressives - and wouldn't you know that besides Boulder "and the entire state of Vermont", he includes San Francisco, Berkeley and Oakland as part of the scourge.
Well, maybe now that my niece has graduated, she can be free of the shackles of her Secular Progressive oppression. I hear Liberty University has a lovely campus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you meant "our favorite pundit (from the Latin "idjit") and accused sexual harasser Bill O'Reilly"