Sunday, March 16, 2014

You Must Chill!

"A Well-Behaved Mormon Woman" would like you to know that Disney's icy animated hit "Frozen" was sent to a movieplex near you to brainwash your children into supporting the “normalization of same-sex sexual behavior.” Or worse yet, it's out there in its colorful wrapping, computer generated 3D graphic, Academy Award winning song belting box in the form of a DVD waiting to indoctrinate your children into being gay. In so many words, conservative radio host Kevin Swanson, had this to say: “I wonder if people are thinking: ‘You know I think this cute little movie is going to indoctrinate my five-year-old to be a lesbian or treat homosexuality or bestiality in a light sort of way.’ I wonder if the average parent going to see Frozen is thinking that way. I wonder if they are just walking in and saying, ‘Yeah, let’s get my five-year-old and seven-year-old indoctrinated early.’ You know they’re not, I think for the most part they’re oblivious. Maybe they do pick up on pieces of it, but they just don’t get up and walk out.” Pastor Swanson believes, “If I was the Devil, what would I do to really foul up an entire social system and do something really, really, really evil to five- and six- and seven-year-olds in Christian families around America? I would buy Disney.”
Is this news, really? Did these folks spend any time looking at "Pinocchio,"  or "Peter Pan?" The puppet who wanted to be a real boy was enticed by some shady characters to spend some time on Pleasure Island before being turned into a donkey along with the rest of his chums. You probably don't need to get much past the green tights or the Island of Lost Boys to understand why Peter Pan was hanging around with a fairy. As I have mentioned here before: Donald Duck is not wearing pants.
Or maybe it's just that you find what you're looking for, no matter where you look. A Space Ranger named Buzz and a cowboy named Woody? Laurel and Hardy? Ben Hur and Messala? I guess love is where you find it, even if you're a well-behaved Mormon woman.

No comments: