Monday, August 01, 2011

Comfort Zone

Bend and stretch, reach for the stars
That's what Miss Jeannie used to tell us
on Romper Room
That was back when I was a kid
When I grew up, I needed more
I needed a reminder to grow
not just older, but up
That's about the time she showed up
The one who would take my safe ideas
and poke holes in them
And when I finally called her bluff
Making what seemed like a bold move
it just made sense
All those things that seemed so scary
The ones brimming with danger
really weren't
Turns out they were parts of the story
Pardon me, I mean "Our Story"
I hadn't read yet
Now when I'm sitting on my couch
And she comes into the room
nearly sparking
I can feel that crazy old feeling
The one that makes me think:
Helen Keller
Because she's the one who said,
"Life is either a daring adventure
or nothing"
Thank you for dragging me off the couch
and taking me on this adventure
With you

No comments: